North Forest Lights
October 26, 2019 - February 16, 2020
North Forest Lights is an artistic light and sound experience in the middle of the North Forest unlike anything Crystal Bridges has ever presented before. Five distinct installations will bring the soul of the forest to life with light, sound, and sensory effects in a captivating, family-friendly experience.
Crystal Bridges partnered with Montreal-based multimedia and entertainment studio Moment Factory to bring this concept to life. Each encounter that visitors will experience on their walk through the Ozark woods translates nature’s secret music and hidden communication into a symphony of light and sound. North Forest Lights invites people to reconnect with nature and art while helping them to feel part of it.
The five distinct installations that will come to life with light, sound, and special effects are:
- Crystal Grove – waves of light ripple through the trees in jewel-like fragments.
- Forest Frequencies – like an orchestra tuning itself into harmony with its surroundings, visitors will experience a variety of music styles from our region’s ragtime, to bluegrass, folk and classical traditions, which will be enhanced by a light show, to inspire a spirit of celebration.
- Whispering Tree – visitors are invited to engage in private dialogue with a massive tree as lighting effects respond to the conversation, for all to see.
- The Hearth – enter this special gathering space convening around an enormous, magical hearth, and immerse yourself in the warm glow and beating heart of nature.The Hearth evokes the region’s spiritual heritage with hymnal and gospel rhythms and melodies that conjure a transcendent communion in the woods.
- Memory of Water – while crossing a wooden bridge, visitors will become enveloped in a fog as light pixels give the illusion of water interacting with the forest.
The experience will be open in the evening hours after sunset.
The forest is a natural setting with changing elevations, please watch your step.
During the experience, guests are also welcome to enjoy The Village, a communal campfire area offering warm beverages, scrumptious snacks, and merchandise. Warm yourself by the fire with hot cocoa or coffee and enjoy the magic of the forest at night. Near the Memory of Water installation, guests can also snap a North Forest Lights photo in the designated photo station.
Want to add a culinary basket to your experience? No matter if you’re coming to North Forest Lights with your family, friends, or a special date, culinary basket options are available to make your night truly unforgettable. Treat your date to a romantic Heart of the Forest package with a bottle of wine, chocolates, strawberries, and more, or have a bottle of sparkling cider, s’mores, and more with the Nature’s Secret package, perfect to share with your friends or the kids. Available for purchase online when you buy your ticket. Baskets must be ordered 24 hours in advance of your ticket time.
Created and produced by Moment Factory
The Bogle Family, Terri & Chuck Erwin, and George’s