2021—2022 Application for Tyson Scholars
All application materials should be received by the deadline of January 15, 2021. If the proposal does not include all of the following components, it will be considered incomplete.
1. Application Form (below)
2. Attachments (please include one copy of each of the following):
- Project Description and Statement of Purpose (1,000 words) including a detailed description of your project/dissertation outlining the ways it will contribute to a more equitable and inclusive history of American art; as well as its methodologies and overview of relevant literature. Applicants should state goals for the fellowship and address why residency in the Heartland will advance your work. Consider how your project will intersect meaningfully with the museum’s collections, library resources, architecture, grounds, curatorial expertise, programs and exhibitions; and/or the University of Arkansas faculty and resources broadly.
- Curriculum vitae (limited to 10 pages). The applicant’s academic standing, scholarly qualifications, and experience will be considered, as it informs the ability of the applicant to complete the proposed project.
- Two letters of recommendation. Letters of support are strongest when they demonstrate the applicant’s excellence, promise, originality, track record, and productivity as a scholar, not when the letter contains a commentary on the project.
- For pre-doctoral applicants, one of these letters must be from the applicant’s dissertation advisor or professor. Letters should be sent directly by the author to Crystal Bridges. (Signed and scanned letters sent by email to [email protected] are acceptable).
- Note: We will inform applicants when we receive letters, but it is the applicant’s responsibility to see that all letters of recommendation are submitted to the museum by the application deadline.
Any questions about the application should be referred to [email protected] or 479.418.5760.
You will receive an email from Crystal Bridges alerting you that your application is either complete or incomplete within 5 business days. If you do not receive this email, the museum has not received your application.