Crystal Bridges + Amazeum Know Before You Go
- Crystal Bridges will send you an email confirming your online registration. A follow-up email will be sent approximately a week before camp to all registrants with a camper form and waivers which must be signed prior to the first day of camp. Please check your inbox and spam folder for these emails.
- Crystal Bridges or Amazeum members enjoy a discount on camp registration. This camp is $265 for members (of either institution) and $335 for non-members. You only need to be a member of one museum to enjoy this discount. There is not a double discount available for being a member of both museums.
- All ticket sales are final and non-refundable. We may be able to exchange your ticket for another camp of comparable price. We are unable to prorate camp. Please contact Public Programs Assistant at 479.657.2311 or [email protected] (Please note, we are unable to prorate camp fees on a daily basis.)
- When you register, please list all allergies or special need accommodations for your camper. Please be aware that we cannot guarantee a 100% nut-free zone. After you submit the registration form, contact the Public Programs Assistant (see contact information at the bottom) about your child’s allergies and we will accommodate your camper’s needs as best we can.
What to Expect at Camp
- Your camper will experience half of the day at each museum. Your camper will start the camp day at one museum with two hours of activity and exhibition gallery time, followed by lunch. The campers and camp educators will then walk to the other museum where they will meet up to swap groups. After arriving at the opposite museum, campers will finish off the camp day with two hours of activity and exhibition gallery time.
- Camp is for the entire week, including Tuesdays when the museums are closed to the public.
- A ‘Show and Share’ is scheduled for Friday, June 21, at 2:30 p.m. at Crystal Bridges for you to see what we’ve been doing all week. Curbside Camp pick-up will not be available on the last day of camp.
- Please keep in mind that campers will go outdoors each day of camp, weather permitting.
- Campers get complimentary admission into the Amazeum for the week of their camp. Any accompanying adults or children must pay regular admission. Please check in at the admissions desk before heading into the galleries to play. Children must be accompanied by an adult 18 or over at all times. Admission the the permanent collection is always free at Crystal Bridges.
What to Send with Your Camper
- Campers should bring a sack lunch, drink, and/or water bottle, labeled with child’s name. Please bring nut-free foods due to potential allergies. The Amazeum and Crystal Bridges will not provide lunch or snacks. Microwave, refrigerator, and vending machines are not available.
- Campers should prepare for active, messy play by wearing closed-toed shoes and comfortable, breathable clothes. Please keep in mind that campers will walk the trails to their second location every day. Prepare for outdoor activities by applying sunscreen and bug spray prior to arrival (please note that aerosol sprays are not allowed inside or outside the Crystal Bridges studios). Please also consider that campers will work with washable and permanent materials at both museums when choosing attire for each day.
Camp Pick-Up and Drop-Off
- Camp will begin promptly at 9:30 a.m. Please arrive on time, but no earlier than 10 minutes prior to the start time.
- MONDAY: For the first day of camp, all campers will be checked at the Amazeum where they will be greeted by both the Crystal Bridges and Amazeum education teams. At check in you will be assigned a group and given a pick up dashboard sign, please place this on your dashboard at pick up. We will have a brief orientation together, then split into our camp groups.
- TUESDAY – THURSDAY: Before you leave your camper on Monday, you will be assigned a group. This group will determine your drop-off and pick-up museums. Keep in mind, due to our split day, you will drop off at one museum and pick up at the other. For example: If your camper starts their day at the Amazeum, Tuesday through Thursday, you will pick up your camper at Crystal Bridges.
- FRIDAY: Drop-off will occur as usual. For pick-up, all campers will be at Crystal Bridges for Show and Share.
- Crystal Bridges: For your convenience, campers can be dropped off at the museum’s main entrance roundabout (by Roxy Paine’s Yield sculpture a.k.a. the big metal tree). Please pull up to the Summer Camp Drop-Off sign. An intern or staff member will hand you a sign-in sheet. Please arrive no earlier than 10 minutes before camp begins and pick up your camper no later than 15 minutes after camp ends. If you arrive more than 10 minutes late for camp drop-off, you will need to park and escort your child to the studios located off Walker Landing. Afternoon pick-up campers will be waiting with interns and staff at the teardrop. If you are more than 15 minutes late picking up your camper you will need to come to the studios.
- Amazeum: Form a single line of cars along the sidewalk in the alcove next to the green panels , allowing our parking lot to remain functional. An Amazeum educator will meet you at your car with the sign-in sheet and escort your camper to the museum safely. Please arrive no earlier than 10 minutes before camp begins. If you arrive more than 10 minutes late for camp drop-off, you will need to park and escort your child to the Learning Lofts located in the Amazeum.
- Pick Up: You’ll see Amazeum team, signs, and cones marking two pickup locations. One pickup location is in the alcove next to the lime green panels on the Amazeum. The second location is in the parking lot, nearest our outdoor eating area. Please form only one line of cars, allowing our parking lot to remain functional. An Amazeum educator will meet you at your car to check your photo ID and have you sign out your camper(s). Campers will be waiting in the playscape until an Amazeum educator escorts the camper to the car. If you are more than 15 minutes late picking up your camper you will need to come to the Learning Lofts in the Amazeum.
- An adult must sign their camper in and out of camp each day. Only those who have been designated to sign out the camper may do so. Make sure to add the names of anyone picking up your camper to the registration form. Campers may not leave the museum until a designated adult signs them out and shows ID.
- Guardians of campers in morning sessions and on Tuesdays may wait in the library, located on the third floor, until the museum galleries open at 10 a.m. Twenty-four hours advanced notice is required if staying in the library.
Camp Care Opportunities
- Crystal Bridges offers monitored before-camp care and after-camp care, at and additional fee. Prices are for the full week (camp care cannot be prorated) and payment is due via check the first day of camp.Before-Camp Care: 8:15 to 9:30 am, $15
After-Camp Care: 3:0 to 5:15 pm, $15
- Camp Care is only offered at Crystal Bridges. If you have signed up for a camp care opportunity, you can drop off your camper at the roundabout at the main entrance. To pick up your camper, please park and walk to Open Studio located off Walker Landing and next to Estes Studio.
- Crystal Bridges offers monitored before-camp care, lunchtime care, and after-camp care, at an additional fee. Prices are for the full week (camp care cannot be prorated) and payment is due via check the first day of camp. To register for any of the above extra-care opportunities, please contact [email protected].