Crystal Bridges + Amazeum Know Before You Go
- Crystal Bridges will send you an email confirming your online registration. A follow-up email will be sent approximately a week before camp to all registrants with a camper form and waivers which must be signed prior to the first day of camp. Please check your inbox and spam folder for these emails.
- Crystal Bridges or Amazeum members enjoy a discount on camp registration. This camp is $265 for members (of either institution) and $335 for non-members. You only need to be a member of one museum to enjoy this discount. There is not a double discount available for being a member of both museums.
- All ticket sales are final and non-refundable. We may be able to exchange your ticket for another camp of comparable price. We are unable to prorate camp. Please contact Public Programs Assistant at 479.657.2311 or [email protected] (Please note, we are unable to prorate camp fees on a daily basis.)
- When you register, please list all allergies or special need accommodations for your camper. Please be aware that we cannot guarantee a 100% nut-free zone. After you submit the registration form, contact the Public Programs Assistant (see contact information at the bottom) about your child’s allergies and we will accommodate your camper’s needs as best we can.
What to Expect at Camp
- Your camper will experience half of the day at each museum. Your camper will start the camp day at one museum with two hours of activity and exhibition gallery time, followed by lunch. The campers and camp educators will then walk to the other museum where they will meet up to swap groups. After arriving at the opposite museum, campers will finish off the camp day with two hours of activity and exhibition gallery time.
- Camp is for the entire week, including Tuesdays when the museums are closed to the public.
- A ‘Show and Share’ is scheduled for Friday, June 21, at 2:30 p.m. at Crystal Bridges for you to see what we’ve been doing all week. Curbside Camp pick-up will not be available on the last day of camp.
- Please keep in mind that campers will go outdoors each day of camp, weather permitting.
- Campers get complimentary admission into the Amazeum for the week of their camp. Any accompanying adults or children must pay regular admission. Please check in at the admissions desk before heading into the galleries to play. Children must be accompanied by an adult 18 or over at all times. Admission the the permanent collection is always free at Crystal Bridges.
What to Send with Your Camper
- Campers should bring a sack lunch, drink, and/or water bottle, labeled with child’s name. Please bring nut-free foods due to potential allergies. The Amazeum and Crystal Bridges will not provide lunch or snacks. Microwave, refrigerator, and vending machines are not available.
- Campers should prepare for active, messy play by wearing closed-toed shoes and comfortable, breathable clothes. Please keep in mind that campers will walk the trails to their second location every day. Prepare for outdoor activities by applying sunscreen and bug spray prior to arrival (please note that aerosol sprays are not allowed inside or outside the Crystal Bridges studios). Please also consider that campers will work with washable and permanent materials at both museums when choosing attire for each day.
Camp Drop-Off and Pick-Up
- Camp will begin promptly at 9:00 a.m. Please arrive on time, but no earlier than 10 minutes prior to the start time.
- For drop-off, please pull into Crystal Bridges' additional parking lot (across the street from the Amazeum), park, and then walk your children to the check-in location next to the Buckyball sculpture.
- For pick-up, please walk to the same check-in desk next to the Buckyball sculpture and sign out your children.
- On FRIDAY, camp pick-up will not be available. All campers will be picked up at the Show and Share event.
- An adult must sign their camper in and out of camp each day. Only those who have been designated to sign out the camper may do so. Make sure to add the names of anyone picking up your camper to the registration form. Campers may not leave the museum until a designated adult signs them out and shows ID.
- Guardians of campers in morning sessions and on Tuesdays may wait in the Library, located on the third floor, until the museum galleries open at 10 a.m. Twenty-four hours advanced notice is required if you plan to stay in the Library.