Crystal Bridges Summer Camps Know Before You Go
- Crystal Bridges will send you an email confirming your online registration. A follow-up email will be sent approximately a week before camp to all registrants with a camper form and waivers which must be signed prior to the first day of camp. Please check your inbox and spam folder for these emails.
- All ticket sales are final and non-refundable. We may be able to exchange your ticket for another camp of comparable price. Please contact Public Programs Assistant at 479.657.2311 or [email protected] (Please note, we are unable to prorate camp fees on a daily basis.)
- Register for more than one camp and receive a 15% discount on the second or more camp. To register and receive the discount call Guest Services at 479-657-2335. Discounts can’t be applied to In Our Nature or Nerdies camps.
- When you register, please list all allergies or special need accommodations for your camper. Please be aware that we cannot guarantee a 100% nut-free zone. After you submit the registration form, contact the Public Programs Assistant (see contact information at the bottom) about your child’s allergies and we will accommodate your camper’s needs as best we can.
What to Expect at Camp
- Campers will spend time in the galleries, studios, and on our beautiful trails. Campers will experiment and create with a wide range of art materials to express their artistic style while meeting new friends along the way.
- Camp is for the entire week, including Tuesdays when we are closed to the public.
- We have a max capacity of 15 campers per camp.
- There will be a “show and share” on the last day of camp. This is an opportunity for your camper to show off their artwork to friends and family.
- Curbside camp pick-up will not be available on the last day of camp.
- Please keep in mind that campers will go outdoors each day of camp, weather permitting.
What to Send with Your Camper
- Campers will have a snack break halfway through camp, usually outside. Please send your camper with a nut-free snack due to potential allergies.
- Have your camper wear comfortable, breathable clothes that they can get messy in. Smocks are provided but do not cover their entire outfit. Keep in mind that campers will be working with both washable and permanent materials.
- Also, since we will venture outdoors each day, please apply sunscreen and bug spray prior to arrival (please note that aerosol sprays are not allowed inside or outside the studios), and be sure your camper is wearing appropriate shoes for outdoor walking.
Camp Drop-Off and Pick-Up
- For your convenience, campers can be dropped off at the museum’s main entrance roundabout (by Roxy Paine’s Yield sculpture a.k.a. the big metal tree). Please pull up to the Summer Camp Drop-Off sign. An intern or staff member will hand you a sign-in sheet. Please arrive no earlier than 10 minutes before camp begins and pick up your camper no later than 15 minutes after camp ends.
- If you arrive more than 10 minutes late for camp drop-off, you will need to park and escort your child to the studios located off Walker Landing. After camp, if you are more than 15 minutes late, you will need to come to the studios to pick up your camper.
- An adult must sign their camper in and out of camp each day. Only those who have been designated to sign out the camper may do so. Make sure to add the names of anyone picking up your camper to the registration form. Campers may not leave the museum until a designated adult signs them out and shows ID.
- You will be given a pick-up dashboard sign, please place this in your dashboard at pick-up.
- Guardians of campers in morning sessions and on Tuesdays may wait in the library, located on the third floor, until the museum galleries open at 10 a.m. Twenty-four hours advanced notice is required if staying in the library.
- Curbside camp pick-up will not be available on the last day of camp. All campers will be picked up at the Show and Share.
Camp Care Opportunities
- Crystal Bridges offers monitored before-camp care, lunchtime care, and after-camp care, at an additional fee. Prices are for the full week (camp care cannot be prorated) and payment is due via check the first day of camp. AVAILABLE WEEKS:
- June 8 through 12
- July 6 through 10
- July 13 through 17
- July 20 through 24
- Before-Camp Care: 8:15 to 9 am, $15
- Lunch Care: Noon to 1:30 pm, $25 (Note: Children must bring a nut-free sack lunch.) After-Camp Care: 4:30 to 5:15 pm, $15
- If you have signed up for a camp care opportunity, you can drop off your camper at the tear drop and pick up your camper inside the Open Studio located off Walker Landing and next to Estes Studio.
- Crystal Bridges offers monitored before-camp care, lunchtime care, and after-camp care, at an additional fee. Prices are for the full week (camp care cannot be prorated) and payment is due via check the first day of camp. To register for any of the above extra-care opportunities, please contact [email protected].