Event Rentals Frequently Asked Questions
What are your wedding packages and what is included?
We offer all- inclusive packages or build your own wedding packages
Package Amenities include:
- Crystal Bridges Chef for exclusive catering
- Onsite Crystal Bridges coordinator
- Menu development consultation
- Complimentary food/beverage tasting
- Customizable seating arrangements/room design
- Bridal ready-room access
- Exclusive private access to the museum’s art galleries
- Access to our grounds and indoor common areas for one of a kind photography
- House selection of tables and chairs
- House selection of china, flatware, glassware
- Party lighting
- Service Staff
- A/V tech and support
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Labor (set-up; break-down)
- Cake cutting service
- Preferred parking for Bridal Party
Are there other events scheduled on the same day?
- We only book one event per day so that your big day is our sole focus
How long can I reserve the event space?
- Our suggested timeframe is 6:00pm -11:30pm
- After 11:30pm, or if your event extends past 6 hours, there will be an additional fee of $1000.00 per additional hour
What venues are included in your Wedding package?
- Your choice of indoor or outdoor ceremony location
- Your choice of indoor or outdoor cocktail reception locations
- Your choice of reception location
- Two Day-of ready spaces for the full day
- Ready room for gifts and vendors
- Private Gallery viewing for your whole group
Is there a bridal ready space?
- Yes, your package includes two ready spaces you have access to all day
Is there a designated smoking area?
- Yes, on our South Lawn, adjacent to the Great Hall
Is an outdoor area included for a cocktail reception?
- Yes, you have multiple locations to choose from based on your reception location
Are your venues accessible for ADA guests?
- Absolutely, all of our spaces are ADA accessible
Is there a secure area to store the wedding gifts?
- Yes, we offer a ready room included in your wedding package
Do you have an onsite Wedding Coordinator?
- We do provide an Event Manager from time of contract with us
Do I need an outside wedding planner?
- You will need to hire a licensed, full service wedding designer for at least a month of service
Can the venue accommodate the ceremony?
- Your choice of indoor or outdoor ceremony location is included in your wedding package
Do you provide the seating for the ceremony?
- We do for indoor locations, if outside we can help rent chairs for you
Are you able to have a rehearsal at the venue and a rehearsal dinner?
- Absolutely, we love showing off the museum
Can rose petals be strewn?
- Yes, in select locations
Are there decorating restrictions?
- Please no confetti, glitter or open flame
- Decorations, signage, and displays brought onto the property must be approved prior to arrival
- Items may not be attached to any stationary wall, floor, window or ceiling with nails, staples, table or any other substance in order to prevent damage to the fine fixtures and furnishings
What decorations does the venue provide?
- We provide all tables, chairs and tablescape, excluding linen and floral
What are the different ways Crystal Bridges serves food?
- We offer a variety of styles including plated service, buffet, family style and live action chef stations
Can we create a custom menu?
- Yes, we love customizing menus based on your favorites!
Can we arrange for a meal tasting?
- Absolutely! An onsite meal tasting and planning session is included in your package
Can we accommodate special diets?
Do you have to provide your own place cards?
- Yes, that will be arranged with your Wedding Designer
- Place cards identifying each guest’s names and choice of entrée will be required
Are there booster seats or high chairs available for children?
- Yes, we welcome all ages!
Cake & Dessert
Do you bake cakes onsite?
- Unfortunately that is the one portion of food we do not provide, although we do have some fabulous local pastry chefs
Is there a cake-cutting fee?
- No, cake cutting is included with all events
- Includes cutting, plates, flatware and service
Alcohol & Beverage
Does the venue provide the alcohol and bar service?
- All Alcoholic Beverages in Event Venues must be purchased through the museum
- Cash bars are subject to a $100 bar set-up fee
Do you offer Bar Packages and what is included?
- We do offer per person all-inclusive bar packages
Do you provide a cash bar or an open bar?
- We can provide a number of bar options, ranging from hosted bar, cash bar, beer & wine bar to all inclusive bar packages
- You can create custom cocktails with our Beverage Manager
Is there a corkage fee?
- $30 per bottle
Music & Dancing
Can we bring in a band or DJ?
- Absolutely, we have a fabulous listing of local vendors
What does Crystal Bridges have for a sound system?
- Our Great Hall is fully outfitted with party lighting, projection screen and microphones as well as a full time Audio Visual Technician
What time do you allow the music to play until?
- 11:30pm is our event end time, though you can add-on additional party hours
Are there any photograph or video restrictions?
- Flash photography is not permitted in exhibition gallery spaces
- Commercial use of museum images/photography is not permitted without prior museum approval
What suggestions do you have for locations to photograph?
- We have amazing locations for unique and one of a kind photography, we encourage you to choose your locations in advance and arrange with your Event Manager
Where do guests park and how many spots are available?
- You have access to our entire Main Parking with over 175 spaces
Is there valet?
- There is not a full time valet, though our Event Managers can source that for you if desired
Is there a cost to park?
- No, parking is included in your package
What else is going on that night that may make it difficult for guests to park?
- Since the museum closes at 6pm you have full access to all of the onsite parking
Payment & Cancellation
What is required for a deposit?
- We ask for the venue rental fee to be paid to confirm your date
- Second Payment: 14-days prior to your event for estimated catering and service
- Final Payment: Any remaining items overages will be billed within 7 days following your event
- A 20% Service Charge based on final food and beverage charges, as well as applicable sales tax, will be added to your final invoice
What is your cancellation policy?
- 6 Months or less (180 days or less) -0-
- 6-9 Months (181-270 days) 50% of Deposit
- 9-12 Months (271-365 days) 75% of Deposit
- One year or more (366+ days) 100% of Deposit
When is my final guest count due:
- A guaranteed guest count will be given to the museum 14 business days prior to your event
- The guaranteed number of guests cannot be reduced after this time and the final count will be charged based on the final guarantee or actual number of guests; whichever is greater
What are the insurance requirements for me and our vendors?
- Insurance coverage of the following types will need to be provided 60 days out from the event date
- Employer’s liability: $1,000,000
- Commercial general liability for bodily injury, personal injury and property damages claims: $1,000,000