Crystal Bridges Event Calendar
Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art offers a wide range of activities for all ages and interests.
Use our interactive museum calendar to find what fits your schedule and plan your visit!
Call the Inclement Weather line to check on any cancellations: 479.657.2488.
- This event has passed.
Virtual Art by the Glass » DIY Printmaking
Join us for a digital evening of at-home artmaking for adults in our Virtual Art by the Glass event, with step-by-step instruction from local artist Kasey Ramirez. Relax, pour yourself a drink, and connect virtually as you’re guided through an introduction to printmaking with everyday materials.
What You’ll Need:
- Choice of paper, cloth, or other printing surface for the prints
- Choice of block printing “ink”; this can be acrylic or latex paint, old lipstick/makeup
- For an upgrade, you can get Caligo SafeWash, Gamblin, or Speedball
- Matboard or paperboard (like cereal box packaging)
- Scraps from frame shops are also great options
- Old cotton clothes/rags
- Masking tape
- Piece of cardboard, cutting mat, or cutting board
- Pencil and eraser
- Newspaper/plastic tarp (to keep tabletop clean)
- Waxed paper or parchment
- Scissors, box knife, or X-acto knife
- Wooden spoon, nylon or bamboo rice paddle, porcelain door knob (for applying pressure for the prints)
- Printmaking brayer/roller
- Elmer’s glue – to seal matboard/paperboard for repeated printing
- Wood + carving tools, clamps
- Non-skid shelf liner
Free, register online or with Guest Services. You’ll receive a link to join the Zoom meeting in your ticket registration confirmation email.