- This event has passed.
We’re teaming up with student organizations from the colleges and universities in the region for a creative evening presented by college students for college students. Just before finals hit, come out for live music, interactive games, experimental theater, and a good, old-fashioned dance night. You can perform, create your own artwork, or mingle with other students. Presented by students at Northwest Arkansas Community College, John Brown University, and the University of Arkansas. Don’t miss out on this college takeover experience at the museum!
Our main stage in the Great Hall will feature a lineup of performances, including a set from Battle of the Bands winner, Elephantom, a film by U of A student, Karen Paulk, titled They Soon Forgot Their Words which reflects on the realities of language loss in the Mayan culture, and a DJ/VJ set from RFRSH DJs EO and AfrosiaJ! Additionally, discover artmaking demonstrations including screen printing stations with artist Bobby Martin and JBU students, paint spill demonstrations by Bailey Bevans and long-exposure photographs by Brianna Perkins and Bennett McBride. Pop by our temporary exhibition Art for a New Understanding; Native Voices, 1950s to Now to hear from the University of Arkansas Native American Student Association and learn more about Cultural Fluency with Doc Courage, with Dr. Angela Courage. And don’t forget to stop by our permanent collection galleries from 7 to 9 p.m. to enjoy an opera performance from U of A vocal grad student, Dennese Adkins, readings from Off-Broadway playwright, Austin Ashford, musical performances from NWACC vocal student, Brianna Osborn, and poetry presented by NaTosha Devon from the U of A.
This event is free. There will be a cash bar and complimentary light appetizers and snacks available throughout the night. Must be 21 and up to drink. ID required. Register online or with Guest Services at 479.657.2335.
7 – 7:15 pm EO and AfrosiaJ warm-up set
7:15 – 8:15 pm Elephantom
8:15 – 8:45 pm Karen Paulk film – They Soon Forgot Their Words
8:45 – 10 pm DJ EO and AfrosiaJ DJ/VJ set, part two
- Native American Student Association Tribal Presentations
- Dennese Adkins opera performance with piano accompaniment
- Austin Ashford play readings
- NaTosha Devon poetry readings
- Cultural Fluency with Doc Courage [Angela Courage]
- Screen Printing with Bobby Martin and JBU Students
- Karen Paulk They Soon Forgot Their Words film screening
- Bailey Bevans paint pour demos
- Brianna Osborn musical performance of “I Dreamed a Dream” and “Send in the Clowns” with piano accompaniment
- Brianna Perkins and Bennett McBridge–long-exposure photography with light manipulation
Sponsored by Stephen and Claudia Strange.